Things I Learned from a Concussion and a Car Wreck
Concussions are much more serious than I was aware or was told by any of the medical professionals around me.
Yoga pretty much won’t work if you can’t kneel.
I get more peace and clarity from a slow walk outside than from 5 days of power walking. (All of the photos on this blog were taken during those slow nature walks where I healed and calmed myself.)
When my body tells me to stop, I do not ignore it anymore.
I am stronger, more adaptable, more resilient, and more creative than I knew.
It is possible to only be able to see your immediate future and still keep going forward with no idea what will happen next.
There is always something new to learn. About everything.
Cars are replaceable. Brains are not.
You can’t live at level 10 anxiety and fear for months on end without your body telling you to stop it.
An injury can make you completely lose your identity.
You can completely lose your identity and still be okay.
The brain is responsible for regulating many more hormones than we were taught in school.
It is possible for some doctors to say, “I don’t know.”
The human body can be amazing and disgusting at the same time.
High quality krill oil in large doses will heal minor brain injuries.
Light therapy boxes will help insomnia and depression triggered by concussions.
Rest is your greatest healer. And post-it notes are your external memory device.







Thanks for sharing! This is really insightful and touching.
ReplyDelete